We have been advising families and businesses on their accounts and tax affairs for over a century and we are always looking to offer more, and now we can. We are now accredited and licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to provide probate services.
Keens Shay Keens Ltd is pleased to offer a professional and fairly priced probate service.
Our Probate Service
The full service includes:
- Compiling details of the deceased’s assets and liabilities
- Obtaining professional valuations
- Completing the inheritance tax (IHT) forms and accounts
- Claiming appropriate IHT reliefs and exemptions and calculating the IHT where payable
- Applying for and obtaining the grant of representation
- Gathering in or selling the assets of the estate
- Settling the debts of the deceased and arranging for the payment of inheritance tax
- Reviewing potential tax savings through a variation of the Will within 2 years
- Dealing with income and capital gains tax liabilities of the estate
- Paying legacies and distributing assets to the beneficiaries
- Preparing final estate accounts
Our established and professional in house specialisms ensure that the estate and beneficiaries benefit from expert tax advice.
We can deal with modest estates to multi £million estates. We specialise in:-
Business assets, trades, professions, partnerships and companies
Agriculture and farming estates
Property and investment portfolios
Our probate service costs
Some probate services will base their charges on the value of the estate assets. At Keens Shay Keens Ltd we base our fees on the time spent and the complexity involved in dealing with the probate and related matters. We believe this to be a fairer and more transparent system of charges. We do have a minimum fee of £1,000 and in most instances we can keep you informed of the likely level of fees for the main probate services and offer estimates of our costs in connection with additional tax planning opportunities that we identify.
Before undertaking any probate work we offer a free, no obligation, consultation to explain how we may be able to help you.
Call: 01582 651000 and ask for our probate department for more information.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefits of a diverse team. We seek to employ the best person for a role regardless of race, gender, religion or any other parameter and are proud to provide a working place setting which is free from any form of discrimination.
As part of our authorisation to provide Probate Services we are required to periodically monitor the diversity profile of our team through an anonymous voluntary collection of data.
The results of the most recent diversity survey can be found here: