Key Guides April 2019
Key Guides April 2019
KEY GUIDES APRIL 2019
Updated Key Guides now available
We are delighted to make available to you our updated and freshly designed Key Guides.
All the Guides have been reviewed for changes to the 2019/20 tax year. The following Guides have specific changes as detailed. If a title is not listed, then no additional substantive changes have been made. The disclaimer date on the guides have been updated to reflect the date of the review.
A summary of the Key Guides and download links are Here:-
Accessing your company profits
- Updates for the 2019 Budget, including the NIC thresholds, national living wage and personal allowance
Investing tax efficiently
- Updates for the 2019 Budget, including the personal allowance, dividend allowance and capital gains allowance
- Updated property income tax rate for 2019/20 with, a quarter of interest set against rent and the balance qualifying for the 20% tax credit.
- Updated capital gains and capital losses example with new personal allowance.
Making Tax Digital
- The latest on the MTD implementation schedule, including information on the ‘soft-landing’ phase.
Pension tax planning for high earners
- Updates for the 2019 tax year including income tax thresholds for and the UK including Scotland, the personal allowance and pension allowances.
Retirement and tax
- New example on state pension tax, with new 2019/20 personal allowance and state pension figures.
Starting and selling a business
- Updated example for the tax cost of different business structures including 2019/20 tax thresholds.
Strategies for a high-tax environment
- Updated government borrowing projections from the Office of Budget Responsibility.
- Capital gains tax example updated for 2019/20 tax year.
Tax allowances for business investment
- Updates for capital allowances claim example.
Taxation of property
- Updated buy-to-let income example, on finance costs restrictions.
You and yours – estate planning
- Update on the postponement of the probate fees increase and the IHT residence nil rate band.
If you have any difficulties accessing the Key Guides or have any queries, contact Paul Southward.