1st February 2016
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) has licensed Keens Shay Keens Ltd Chartered Accountants to carry out probate work.
As one of the regions leading independent practices we are proud to be one of the first accountancy firms in Bedfordshire to become licensed by the ICAEW as an alternative business structure to carry out probate work.
We have been providing advice and guidance in connection with estate planning work for many years and for some clients spanning generations. The latest addition of probate work to the services we can offer enhances the overall package of estate planning services we provide.
Our probate services are provided by our Managing Partner Paul Howkins through our office in Luton, although the service is available to clients from all our offices across Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
“We have been providing inheritance tax and succession planning advice for a long time now and the firm has a reputation of trust and understanding of providing for our clients needs. The addition of probate services allows us to offer a more straightforward ‘whole’ service without the need to rely on third parties. This strengthens our position as one of the leading providers of professional services in Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.”
Estate Planning, Probate Administration & Will Services
We have for many years provided estate planning and advice on inheritance tax and succession planning; we have also assisted with the preparation of the required inheritance tax forms and computation. However, until recently we have not been able to apply for a grant of probate, because this a was a reserved legal service, which could only be provided by a solicitor.
This changed in December 2014 when the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) became an approved regulator for probate services. This meant that once licenced, an approved Chartered Accountant and ICAEW member can now provide clients with a full probate service.
As a leading local independent firm of Chartered Accountants we are pleased to be licensed to provide Probate Services by the ICAEW.
We offer these services on a standalone basis or part of our overall Estate Planning services.
About our Probate Services
* Our fees are based on time spent (and not the value of the estate); this means that you will only be charged for the professional time incurred in dealing with the probate and any advice required.
* The service we deliver will be clear and concise and is designed for you to fully understand the process without jargon.
* Our Probate Services are headed up by our Managing Director Paul Howkins who has passed the necessary exams required by the ICAEW in order that the firm can be licensed.
The benefits of using Keens Shay Keens Ltd Chartered Accountants Probate Service
* Accessible and structured fee costs.
* Professional and experienced advice given by an expert who has a wide range of expertise in all aspects of estate planning.
* Established professional firm with a long history of providing expert business and financial advice and guidance.
* Peace of mind at a time that may be stressful and unfamiliar to those charged with administering the estate that everything will be taken care of by expert and caring professionals.
* For existing clients, an in depth knowledge of your business, personal and family affairs allowing us to tailor the service directly to your needs.